Tuesday, June 20, 2017

WALDEN----THOREAU #2

Walden ----Thoreau #2 (pages 1,6,7

Who is the determinate of any individuals LIFE, as lived?

This question has plagued me for the majority of my life. And as an AMERICAN, it was intense seeming we are taught and live our LIBERTY and INDIVIDUALISTIC lives, result in our individual FREEDOMS. I tossed through endless theories, seeking to find some rationalization. Yet found it easier to live my life as I lived it-this includes the recent REVOLT (Jan 13, 2013 Phoenix, AZ to Jan 1, 2016 Los Angeles, CA)  (knowing that it is in part the lived lives of others, by which I am able to interact within the society-the SCR.). I now live my life in search of the wisdom of existence often referred to by many theories, pastors, and other individuals as I let the invisible society governance, balance it for me. From there, total peace of mind/spirit can be sought and replace compounded stress. We tend to neglect the way we treat one another, thus resulting in stress variables and a poorer/shorter quality of life.

In Walden, Thoreau opening chapter explains similar ideals of individual determination. He states, "...I am a sojourner in civilized life again...Would fain say something about your condition, especially your outer condition or circumstances...We might try our lives by a thousand simple tests;...as it would have prevented some mistakes...NATURE and human life are a various as several constitutions. Who shall say what prospect life offers to another?...What my neighbors call good, I believe in my soul to be bad...Let us consider for a moment what most of the trouble and anxiety which I have referred to is about and how much of it is necessary?...It would be advantage to live a primitive and frontier life...to learn what are the gross necessaries of live and what methods have been taken to obtain them..." (pages1, 6, 7, 8, 9).









No comments:

Post a Comment