Monday, November 6, 2017

TARGET STORES---DISCRIMINATE AGAINST AFRICAN AMERICAN HOMELESS CITIZENS --THE LES MISERABLES OF CORPORATE AMERICA RETAIL CHAIN



Last night I had a terrible experience in San Francisco, at the LES MISERABLES OF CORPORATE AMERICA RETAIL CHAIN-TARGET STORES. Last week  I was provide a E-gift card from the University of Virginia. It was 1 of many compensation for being a participant in research. I receive the E-gift card in my email address and proceeded to the Target website.  Later that day I went to the Target Store on Mission St. in San Francisco and talked to someone at the customer service window. I informed her that I received this E-gift card and that I had been to the Target website. I wanted to see, seeming I do not have an electronical device, nor accessibility to a printer, could I provide her with the email pin code and bar code, by which she could possibly pull up the information and print a copy for me to use in the store. 

She informed me that under normal circumstances this would be possible or I could even just take the information I got to a cashier and they could do it from the register. But at this moment the problem they are experiencing is that they have no access to the E-gift card system/nor website. She suggested that I can call the Bush location and see if they system is working. She also suggested that I can even have the value of the E-gift card, transferred to a regular gift card and proceed that way. I went to the Bush location, but then turned around and went back to the Mission location. 2 hours had passed so I thought I'd take a chance that the system was back up. I simply shopped for a few food and grooming items and proceeded to the register. The cashier ran up the merchandise and entered the information that I had written down from my email account and the entire process went through.

However last night, I was extremely hungry and had alot of running around to do. So I rationalized it to just go to Target and use the remain balance on some food. When I went to the store, and gathered the food items I wanted to purchase. The cashier didn't know how to proceed with the transaction and she called for a manager. When the manager arrived she was shaking her head in a NO gesture before I had completely explained to her what was going on. She insisted that she can not do this transaction, unless I have a mobile device, or a print out of the barcode. I informed her I have either, and I didn't have access to those devices, and yet I was able to utilize these numbers yesterday. She insisted that she can not escalate this to a higher manager. And that she is not going to allow this transaction to be proceeded. She wanted me to leave the store, I asked for the customer service number. I then asked her if they had customer service telephones available? She said "NO".   (However the customer service representative on the telephone, asked me why didn't I use the RED PHONE? I informed him, "well I would think all stores would have a customer service telephone in the store to be utilized by customers in the store. But when I asked the Manager at the Mission store. She said that they do not have a customer service phone as she was rushing me out of the store and calling security!

WHAT WAS HER DAMN PROBLEM. I felt discriminated against as an African American Homeless CITIZENS.  Some support came from the customer service hotline, which I had to call from a pay phone. They seemed to express empathy for the terrible experience and could not believe I only wanted to purchase FOOD!!! I should have just stolen the food to really see how the Les Miserables of Corporate American Retail Chains would do. Maybe calling the police is more of an advantage when stores want to discriminate especially against HOMELESS CITIZENS. So I wonder what did this so called manager expect of a citizen and customer. It's not like TARGET is Neiman Marcus-and I probably get better customer service from Neiman Marcus.  I filled an official complaint with the Target Corporation and they expedited it. 

Today I plan on going back to Target to finish shopping as I had been enabled to. Hope they come to a new decision. Of course I will call the customer service corporate before entering the store and ask to use the RED PHONE. That the manager said did not exist at that store!  NOTE to TARGET COPORATION, this entire incident reminds me of a similar incident in Los Angeles, CA. When a group of people came into the Greyhound Bus Station and took the station over. They had someone pretend to call from district office and issue an emergency management meeting and while the real managers were quasi indisposed. They took over the station and instructed the employees. 


GREYHOUND LOS ANGELES

http://paulgoree.blogspot.com/2017/02/grayhound-los-angeles.html 
 

Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa and Mastercard gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as iTunes, Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com.
A Target Mobile GiftCard is a gift card sent to a mobile phone number. To purchase, just select an amount and the Target Mobile GiftCard will be sent via a text message to the recipient usually within 4 hours. The mobile device needs to be web enabled as the gift card is accessible by a link. Only standard congratulations text message is available. Message and data rates may apply.

A Target eGiftCard is an electronic gift card sent to an email address. To purchase, just select an amount, include a message and your Target eGiftCard will be emailed to the recipient usually within 4 hours. eGiftCards include a bar code that can be scanned in store and can also be used on Target.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment